- Mix six-teaspoon petroleum jelly, two-teaspoon glycerin and two-teaspoon lemon juice. Apply this moisturizing lotion at least twice a week if you have dry and flaky, arms and legs.
- Peel and grate a cucumber. Squeeze the juice to this, mix half-a-teaspoon glycerin and half-a-teaspoon rose water. Apply this on sunburns, leave it for some time.
- If you have cracked heels, melt paraffin wax; mix it with little mustard oil and apply on the effected area. Leave it overnight. After 10 or 15 days, your heels will become smooth.
- Massage your body with a mixture of coconut oil and any of your favourite scented oils like lavender or rosemary.
- For rough palms, use a mixture of glycerin and limejuice in equal proportion.
- For cracked heals, massage the foot with coconut oil and keep the foot in warm water for some time. Wipe the water off the feet and apply a mixture of hibiscus flower(10), Henna (1 handful) and juice of half a lemon. when dry wash it off.
- Remove scars on your hands and feet by rubbing them with lemon peel.
- Dip wads of cotton in a chilled mixture of cucumber and potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off. Apply a little baby oil.
- For long eyelashes.., apply a thin coat of castor oil every night. It strengthens lashes and cools your eyes.
- Massage a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
- To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato; tie in a cloth and place the cloth over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Add a small pinch of salt in water and wash for bright and sparkling eyes.
- Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity and apply around the eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold and hot water alternatively.
- Make a paste of sandal wood and nutmeg. Apply the paste around the eyes before sleeping and wash it off in the morning.
- Crush a cucumber and take the juice. Add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it after 30 minutes.
- Place cotton wool swabs dipped in cold milk on closed eyes for removing dark circles.
- You can mix one-tablespoon cranberry sauce juice with two tablespoons Vaseline for a delicious home made lip balm.
- Apply the juice of lemon skin for avoiding black colour of lips.
- Massage your lips with coriander leaf juice for soft and rosy lips.